Table of Contents
Bed Bug Treatments
Bed bugs are also known as cimex lectularius. These ectoparasites eat blood. Without blood, they will not survive, but they can go without food for many months. They’re called bedbugs because they tend to hide in mattresses so they can stay close to their main dish. Bedbugs are small insects with most being 3/16 inches in length. They’re flat, oval, and most are black with a reddish tent.
What Causes Bedbugs?
Unfortunately, it can be very difficult to prevent bedbug infestations. They’re not attracted to crumbs. They can live anywhere as long as they have access to blood. In addition to this, they’re going to hide in luggage, clothes, furniture, and other items. If you spend the night at a motel, there is a risk that you’re going to take bedbugs home with you. Apartments may be infested with bedbugs too. Most infestations occur when you bring home infested furniture, mattresses, clothes, and other items.
Furthermore, you should know that bedbugs may travel from one multi-story housing unit to another. If your neighbor at your apartment complex has bedbugs, you’ll likely get them too.
Are Bedbugs Dangerous?
Bedbugs can obtain blood from warm-blooded animals but they prefer human blood. While this sounds frightening, bedbugs are not dangerous. They cannot transmit diseases. However, they can create welts once they’ve bitten you.
What Do I Need To Do To Get Rid Of Bedbugs?
Bedbugs are relentless. Once they’ve infiltrated your home, they’re not going to leave. They’ll stay in your home as long as possible. To avoid this problem, you’ll need to hire a professional exterminator. This is pertinent because DIY solutions are not going to cut it. An exterminator will need to find and use the best treatment for your unique situation. Our company offers cost-effective bed bug services and follow-up visits when necessary. Below, you’ll learn more about our treatment.
- Best For – With our manual services, we can begin treating certain rooms immediately. If you only need to treat one or two rooms, this is the best option for you.
- Preparing – Unfortunately, this method requires preparation by the homeowner or renter.
- Chemicals – We can eliminate the bedbugs with chemicals or without them.
- Best For – Heat treatments are best for dealing with large infestations. Heat can kill all stages including eggs and adult bedbugs.
- Preparing – The resident won’t need to do much. In most cases, you’ll be able to return to your home the same day.
- Chemicals – Heat treatments are primarily free of chemicals. We may offer to use Diatomaceous Earth. This naturally-occurring dust can kill bedbugs and other pests.
- Best For – Fumigation is best for people dealing with a massive infestation in a large building. For instance, it would be good for apartment and condo complexes.
- Preparing – Less is required by the resident. However, residents will need to leave and stay away from the building for a few days.
- Chemicals – This treatment method uses Sulfuryl Fluoride or Vikane.
Can You Kill Bedbugs Alone?
It is very difficult to eliminate bedbugs. A lot of homeowners have tried but failed. The treatment process is complex and time-consuming. With this in mind, it is best to let a professional handle it for you. You may need to use dangerous chemicals. In addition to this, those chemicals might not be effective. To keep your family safe, you’ll want to call us. We can help get rid of the bedbugs in your home without putting anyone in danger.
Are Bedbug Treatments Safe?
Ultimately, it depends on the treatment you pick and the exterminator you choose. Make the wrong choices and the risks will climb. Our company strives to use natural, safe chemicals. In addition to this, we offer heat treatments. This is one of the best solutions since chemicals are not needed. We follow all guidelines provided by the EPA and only use products registered by the agency.
How Much Does It Cost To Get Rid Of Bedbugs?
The price will depend on the size of your home or apartment. If you’re dealing with a bigger infestation, you’ll pay more than someone with a 750 square foot home. We’ll provide you with an estimate before the treatment begins.
Is It Possible To Prevent Bedbug Infestations?
You may be able to stop bedbug infestations before they occur. To do so, you should be cautious when staying at motels and hotels. Pick a clean facility and clean your belongings immediately after returning home. Also, be cautious about bringing used furniture home.
How Soon Can The Treatment Begin?
We understand that you want to get rid of the bedbugs as soon as possible. We want to help you do just that. With this in mind, we offer cost-effective, swift bedbug treatments. Depending on the situation and our current workload, we can likely reach your property in 24 to 48 hours.