Bed Bug Prep Sheet (please read carefully)
Please have everything ready to go before the technician arrives.
1. Strip beds of sheets, blankets, and pillowcases. Please don’t remove bedbug encasements or plastic coverings.
Remove items from underneath beds. We recommend sheets, blankets, pillowcases, and any clothing that has been worn or has contacted the floor be placed in the dryer at high heat for 30 minutes, then placed in a clean large (contractor bag) garbage bag and tied tight. Clothing that is clean and put away doesn’t have to be heated. If possible, remove contents on the floor of all bedroom closets.
2. Move as much as possible 3 to 4 inches from the bedrooms and living room walls. We need access to the baseboards. Large items do not need to be moved for the treatment to be successful.
3. Be prepared to vacate the property as soon as treatment begins; all animals must vacate the property as well. You may return after the chemical is dry, approximately 2-3 hours. There is often residue left after the treatment; we advise letting residue sit 3 days before cleaning.
4. Upon return to the property, it’s advised to open a couple of windows and put on a couple of fans.
5. Please make room in the driveway on the day of service for the technician.
Thank you very much
Bed Bug Exterminator Detroit/Home Defense Pest Control